CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, April 17, 2008

Bedtime Kisses and Wishes


Last night, while going through the bedtime routine with my kids, my daughter (she is 7 1/2) revealed something so wonderful to me that I have to share it here.

She was saying her prayers (she has finally memorized the Lord's Prayer), and I told her that she should include in her requests that God help her to remember to bring home her homework and to try harder at completing her work at school. Lately, being the VERY social 2nd grader that she is, she has fallen short in both of these areas.
She says, "Mom, can I ask that part in my head?"
"Sure," I said. I then leaned over to kiss her goodnight and she says,
"Mommy, sometimes when I am at school, I have conversations with God in my head, like if I have a question or a problem, and He answers me, in my head, and tells me what to do."
Now you know, I almost fell on my knees at this point...
"Oh honey, you are so special. When you hear God speaking to you it shows that you have a real relationship with Him and this is a wonderful thing!"

Now, all the mother's out there (especially single-moms) will understand, this just blew me away! I so want my children to love Jesus like I do, to have Him as their purpose. I also know that it is a fine line with kids. If you push them too much and inundate them with the Word, they might resist and rebel. In my heart, I feel it is best to lead by example and push gently and consistently. The Lord reassured me that I am doing SOMETHING right. Thank you Jesus!




I have no greater joy than to hear that my children are walking in the
truth. 3 John 4






1 comments:

Kristen said...

I came across your blog when visiting Angie's...

What a sweet, tender moment... oh the faith of a child! As a mother your heart must be overflowing knowing that your walk with Jesus, your legacy is already making an impact, a witness to your sweet daughter.

Glory!!!