CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, March 24, 2008

Monday mornings...

It is Monday morning, no school, and the kid's are shocking me by playing quietly upstairs. This gives me "moments" to myself. I completed some homework in Beth Moore's Living Beyond Bible study earlier. I somehow managed to read the Bible, complete homework, pour chocolate milk with refills for my son, manage the timer for computer time for the kids to have "equal" game time, make coffee & toast, and take the dog out twice, and I still walked away with something...thoughts on the Holy Spirit. Sometimes I stand in amazement of myself...as I am sure many mothers do.

One of the reasons I love Beth Moore's Bible Studies is that she is so energetic! I know few people who display such a passion for Christ as she. It is invigorating to listen to her southern accent as she teaches about relationship with Him. The controversy regarding her ministry seems impractical to me. Joyce Meyer preaches to men and women and isn't torn down for it. You can take any segment of the bible to substantiate a claim regarding some belief or another; and her ministry is directed towards women--it's a women's ministry. In critique, I find it difficult to follow along in her studies when flipping from one verse to the next without discussion in between. I find this tedious. However, I have read several of her books and listened to audio versions and I certainly have something to learn from a woman who has walked a difficult road and loved God along the way. This is what I, and many other women I imagine, find inspiring about her. Beth Moore isn't the only teacher worthy of praise, she is simply one of many...and a colorful one at that!

Well, the kids have been up and down the stairs several times--they are either incredibly distracting or help me to focus all the more by tuning-out their screeches and silliness. There are so many things that I want and need to do and I am regularly disappointed with myself because there is only so much that a single-mom can do in one day.

Oh how I thirst for the Holy Spirit to work in my life. I crave
direction and awakening of my purpose. Oh, how I pray for some relief, for feelings of accomplishment & contribution, to know and display my gifts, to overcome and to shine. Lord, I pray that I am pleasing to you, where I am right at this moment, trying to make it... with all of your wonderful guidance and support. I am grateful for the many blessings you have bestowed. I am forever thankful for the direction to the road less traveled, where the other path is no longer an option. I continue to pray for peace in my heart, peace in my home, peace in the world. Amen.

0 comments: